Eating out doesn't mean that you have to wreak all of your hard training and progress that you've made throughout the week. A few simple and easy to follow tips can make it a whole lot easier to stay on track:
- Plan what you'll have before arriving at your restaurant. By planning your eating strategy, you'll have more control of the situation. View the menu prior and you'll be able to be more disciplined in making healthier food choices.
- Be the first one to order your meal, this will help to set a great example for your company.
- Be careful of serving sizes - If the meal is larger than what you would normally have, take some home. Eat more only if you feel hungry. Savour every bite and monitor how you feel. Order extra veggies to fill you up.
- Most meals come with dressings and sauces, so don't be afraid to ask to have these brought out on the side. Always try and ask for light menu options - don't be afraid to ask!
- If you're having desert - share it.
- Eat slowly, eat half of your meal and take a break.
- Eat a small, low carb, high protein snack before going out for a meal. It will help you avoid unnecessary snacking or picking on entrees and starters.
- Try eating lightly on days where you know you'll be eating out to compensate for the extra calories that you may eat later on.
- Drink plenty of water.
- If alcohol is a 'must' then set yourself a number and keep alcoholic drinks to a limit.
Create these healthy habits and you'll be sure to stay on track with your goals, happy eating!
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.