Did you know that 80% of the Super market is Sugar? But what effect is that having on us? Let's explore:
1. Liver Disease - We are consuming too much sugar for our livers to handle and is resulting in fatty liver disease - all thanks to processed foods (did you know 5.5 million Australians have liver disease? .. only 6000 cases are alcohol related too!)
2. Diabetes II - Diabetes type II is a result of the body not being able to make or not responding to the hormone insulin made from the pancreas, again it comes from too much sugar. 90% of Australians consume too much sugar which eventuates to kidney failure among other things. (every 6 secs someone's dies as a result of diabetes)
3. Cardiovascular Disease - (includes coronary heart disease, heart failure, congenital heart disease, and stroke among others) These types of diseases kill one Australian every 12 minutes, doctors were under the impression that CVD was mainly caused by smoking and fatty foods but we now know sugar is the number 1 killer. It's clogging our arteries leading to a heart attack.
4. Cancer - Some research indicates that cancer cells feed off sugar. With the consumption of fructose and sucrose you are creating an environment in which cancer cells can thrive.
5. Mental health - sugar gives massive highs but what comes up must come down and constantly being thrust into these lows leads towards depression. Depression and suicide is at an all-time high and continuously increasing!
We need to make a change NOW and it starts with you! But what do we replace it with? At Vision we believe that 70% of your result will depend upon your nutrition - it's our major focus! Enquire within to get access to over 1,000 recipe's and daily food plans to help you on your way to reducing or cutting out sugar.*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.