The first steps to creating a better you, every single day!
There are no right or wrongs when it comes to wanting to change
your level of health and fitness, but knowing your specific
intentions to be heathier (it could be wanting to lose weight, gain
muscle tone, fit into a certain dress size, wear a bikini with
confidence, complete a specific running distance etc.), whatever it
may be, that specific reason will help you to feel more
You need to have a specific goal.
The bigger the 'why' the more determined you will feel to make that change a success.
Enjoying healthy living in its simplest form looks like this:
Regular exercise - eat better - positive thinking - feel good - healthy living. It's really that simple!
The essentials for a fresh start to regaining your health and fitness:
- Drink lots of water, 2-3 litres per day to help with digestion, removing toxins & staying hydrated.
- Exercise in the morning! Get it out of the way first thing. With living such hectic lives this is a must. It will also put you in a positive mood & encourage good food choices throughout the day.
- Throw away junk food. Empty the house of sugary, processed foods. If it's not there, you can't eat it! Replace it with fresh, wholefood ingredients that are ready to cook with.
- Carry smart snacks and make sure you eat all of your 5-6 meals
in the day.
This helps to stave off the sugar cravings and gets your metabolism firing the way it should be.
Your metabolism is like kindling on a fire, you need to eat those 5-6 small meals per day to keep stoking that fire for it to continue to burn.
- Make a schedule of when you will fit in the time to exercise and make it visible so you will do it. (Using you VVT App is ideal as you can log your workouts and you will receive a reminder about your next PT session with your trainer! Or you can keep a planner on your fridge.
- Find fitness friends. Our Vision Studios are great for creating new friends because we are small friendly Studios, where everyone knows your name. You will be surrounded by a positive circle of influence with like-minded people who are on their own health journey. Achieve this by attending some of our group training classes.
- Don't aim for perfection, aim for
Turn up to your training sessions & make better food choices... Before you know it, the results will start to show & BOOM, then you have motivation to keep going!
When you are starting out, trying to embrace the new lifestyle
you are adopting it does not matter how slow you are going, you are
still over lapping your old self on the couch. That's called
It won't feel easy, it doesn't always have to be your best cardio or weights session, it just has to be consistent coupled with good nutrition choices. Don't aim for perfection, aim for consistency!
When you make better choices every day, one choice will lead to another and when you start to string them altogether in a week's worth of effort, you get a chain…. Also known as a habit!
Healthy habits will keep you on track better than any motivational tip or saying.
You would have heard that is takes 21 days to break a habit, because at the end of 3 weeks your conscious mind thinks it has a choice to stop the habit or carry it on & by this time we have created a new (healthy) habit.
'Habits create your habitat', in other words, if you eat better and move more every single day, your body will feel and look better, you are more than likely to feel more confident and happier in yourself!
Habits are the things we do every day without thinking and they are crucial when it comes to a better diet and exercising regularly for the long-term.
The beginning of any health or fitness goal is a challenge because it is new to you and feels like it requires extra effort, which is does in the short-term, but if you just make these small changes initially, you feel better and start to adopt these changes into your everyday routine without even thinking about them:
All we need to do is gain control over our food, body and mind.
For change to be long-term, the reason for wanting it in the first
place needs to come from within. Once you have the motivation, the
aim is to have it become so entrenched that you can no longer
imagine life without it. After the first 3 weeks (once those good
habits start to form), the longer you maintain these new
adaptations in your life after that initial first 3 months, the
harder they actually are to break!
When you love your body, it will love you back. Exercise is a reward for your body and what it can do, not a punishment! Each day, each food choice and exercise habit you reinforce contributes to your body shape. Control what you can control and accept the things you cannot change.
It takes just one step through our Vision Personal Training Studio doors to start living your healthiest, happiest life.