Being out of our regular routine is one of the most common barriers we find our clients experience.
Whether you're on holidays, working away or just taking a step away from your usual routine, use these tips to support staying on track with your eating and remember planning with your trainer is key.
1) Make a conscious decision as to whether you plan to stick to your macronutrient goals or take a temporary break. Either way is fine as long as it is a conscious decision.
2) Aim to be better not perfect. This will ensure that if you're unable to weigh or track your food you don't develop a "who cares mentality. (Your trainer is always available to help you make better choices)
3) What are your BAMS (Bare Ass Minimum Standards). E.g.; Filling in your diary without weighing food, working out daily, eating a serve of protein and greens at each meal. Before going away it's important to set these standards with your trainer prior to going away so we can keep you accountable to them.
4) Don't give in to hunger. Hunger is not an emergency, if you are hungry for a few hours it is ok. Wait until you have better food options available.
5) No matter what happens don't give up. If you do make a mistake don't stress this can cause you to turn to food for comfort. Simply accept that you may have made a mistake and get straight back on track.
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.