5 simple steps for Fat Loss for the over 50's!
You might be thinking that you have a slow metabolism? or that you are too old to lose fat?
Try these 5 simple steps and you will see a difference in 7-14 days!
1. Set a small goal and tell someone about your goal. How much weight would you love to lose? Public accountability is a great and simple way to keep yourself honest on any journey towards a compelling goal. How about 5kg's?
2. Pick 1 form of excercise that you can do and add to your current routine in the next 7 days at least twice. e.g 20minute walk around your local area, walk the dog, walk to the shops, take the grandkids to the park, get off one bus stop early and walk to work etc. This is a great way to kick start your metabolism, and get your heart working harder than it has in previous weeks. Just like a muscle your heart needs to work a little more each week to improve its strength. Add 5 minutes a week and in 8 weeks you will have turned your 20min walk into an hour!
3. Buy yourself a drink bottle. Drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water a day is key. This is something we all know, but we struggle to make it work. You are probably busy and tend to forget, so go out and get yourself a one litre bottle and finish it twice each day. Our body is made up of approximstely 60% water, so its super important we drink enough!
4. Have 5-6 small meals each day. If you are currently havcing 2-3 big meals each day thats ok. Simply split these larger meals into 4-5 smaller meals and work towards 5-6 small meals daily. Leaving 2-3 hours in between meals allows your body to absorb nutrients better and it keeps you energized in even periods throughout the day. It also provides a boost in your metabolism which is great for fat loss.
5. Cook all of your food at home. If you do go out for a meal, make it a breakfast with family or friends. This will ensure that you arent eating the wrong foods at night. Your body tends to switch to fat burn at night, so naughty foods at this time will prevent you from losing fat in some cases. Home cooking also means fresh foods, less saturated fats and more than likely more veges which are rich in vitamins and minerals!
*Please note that for a more tailored program seeing a trainer is best.
So there you have it, 5 simple steps that you know you can start today!
7-14 days of consistency is all it takes, can you do it? its easy, take one step at a time and then we can talk about whats next!
Good Luck!*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.