It's no secret that hydration is the key ingredient to life & healthy living. The main question is how much water should I really drink? According to Women's Health Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand, the recommended daily water intake is 2.1 litres for women and 2.6 litres for men. Based on the avg of 2.3L if we were to compare to some of our popular drinks it'll be equivalent to either:
- 9x cups of coffees (medium)
- 8x glasses of wine
- 5x schooners
- 6x cans of coke
When we talk about health benefits, besides coffee there's absolutely none in the drinks above when it comes down to Fat Loss or Muscle Gain. When you are hydrated the health benefits are 2nd to none!
Here are 5 Benefits:
- Keeps our brain from having to struggle against the effects of dehydration, allowing us to think more clearly than if we let ourselves get dehydrated.
- Water lubricates your joints by creating protective fluid which will help you optimize performance and give longer life to your joints.
- When you drink the appropriate amount of water, your muscles become energized and allow you to be more awake, alert and perform at a higher level.
- Perception and sensitivity to pain is radically reduced when hydrated, so if you want to keep your workouts longer and more intense to build better muscles, up your water intake and reap the benefits.
- Drinking water is beneficial in speeding up that recovery time and eradicating feelings of soreness by removing toxins from your body.
5 Hydration Tips:
- If you always have a bottle with you, you're more likely to sip from it during the day.
- Build it into your daily rituals by having a glass upon waking up, getting to work and before mealtimes.
- Drink water before you exercise because this will replace fluid lost through sweating.
- Need flavour, try adding a slice of lemon, lime, ginger or mint leaves to a glass of water to freshen it up.
- If you're out for drinks make sure you commit to a glass of water before having another drink.
To finish this article of I leave you with a quote: "If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water." - Loren Eiseley*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.