1. What was the state of your health and fitness when you started and what affect was this having on your life?
I have always been reasonably active and fit. I started at Vision Lindfield as one of their first clients. I had always been a member of a gym but as my kids were getting older and I was working more, it was becoming more difficult to get to the gym. It has always been important to me for both my mental and physical health to be fit and have my weight under control.
2. What did you find was the most useful tool at Vision?
For me, the most important thing from Vision was the accountability. To have a PT session booked in and to turn up to it regularly kept me on track. If I didn't turn up, there was always someone calling me to find out why.
3. What impact has your new health and fitness had on your life?
I really enjoy being fit. I continue to play netball and am often playing against much younger people and they are always amazed that I am still running around the netball court. I want to be fit enough to do this and also to keep up with my kids when skiing.
4. What was one of the most memorable moments of your fitness journey?
When I started at Vision, I had done a half marathon many years ago and was never going to do another one. With the encouragement of trainers I eventually did complete another one and now can say I have finished 7 and also 2 City to Surf. I'm pretty pleased I can enter the C2S and get pre qualifying time in the sub 90-minute group.
Also when my three daughters all turned up to run club on a Saturday.
5. If you were to recommend Vision Personal Training Lindfield to your friends, what would you say?
The community at Linfield is amazing. I have made some great friends and we enjoy our training as much as our coffee! We have had weekends away and completed many events together and everyone is there to support each other. The trainers are encouraging and keep you motivated.