Having been a lifelong "non-runner", Penny decided to take up running in 2015. She wanted to finally get fit after having 3 kids. Penny thought running would be the most time efficient way and as it turned out, it had lots of other benefits such as making new friends.
With the help and support of Vision Lindfield, Penny gradually built up the distance that she could run and has now completed 13 half marathons and 1 full marathon!
Here's what Penny had to say:
1. What was the state of your health and fitness when you started and what affect was this having on your life?
When I started at Vision 5 years ago, I didn't do any regular exercise. With three young kids and a demanding job I always had the perfect excuse to not exercise
2. What did you find was the most useful tool at Vision?
Goal setting was the most useful tool for me. Small, short term achievable running goals accompanied by a longer term bigger goal. Also finding a community of like-minded people that want to be fit and have fun doing so.
3. What impact has your new health and fitness had on your new life?
I used to feel drained and tired most of the time and now I feel
energised all the time and generally have a much more positive view
4. What was one of the most memorable moments of your fitness journey?
Running the Sydney Blackmore's Marathon in 2018. I never thought
I could run 5km let alone a marathon
5. If you were to recommend Vision Personal Training Lindfield to your friends, what would you say?
Join up yesterday, you and your body won't regret it.