Have you set a goal involving running?
Are you a new runner?
Or perhaps you have been running for a while but can't seem to reach potential?
We want to do our best to make sure injury doesn't stop you from reaching your goal!
Did you know 42% of people don't make it to the start line due to injury?
And that 16-33% of people will have an injury in the lead up to an event!
Here are some questions you can ask yourself;
- Are you new to running?
- Is your BMI above 30? https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/your-heart/know-your-risks/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator (useful site to help calculate)
- Do you sleep less than 7 hours a night?
- Have you been inactive the last 6 months?
- Do you have bad nutritional habits?
- Are you stressed at work or in your home life?
- Do you land on your heels when you run?
- Do you have a long stride when you run?
- Do your knees touch when you run?
- Do you wake up sore the morning after a run?
If you are answering yes to any of these questions they can play a role in injury management! So, let your Personal Trainer know so we can help decrease your chance of injury and get you to that finish line!
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.