It's the age-old conundrum; "How do I prepare for summer during the coldest months of the year"
I have heard this topic being discussed over and over and I'm asked frequently on how best to go about this, and for those stressing about it I've come up with some ideas to help you out.
- "Rome wasn't built in a day" - Things take time, as the old saying goes habits are formed with consistency and dedication. When trying to change your exercise and eating habits, make sure you come into those winter days swinging with a solid plan of attack and be prepared to take action! Things like hitting your cardio and weights numbers, filling out your food diary and coming to the nutrition seminars all help. Remember that things won't just change because you "want it to" you'll have to hang tough and stick to the action plan to gain a result…. "Rome wasn't built in a day" and neither is a Summer body.
- Intake Vs Output: The equation on how to start shredding some body fat whether it be kgs or % of body fat in its simplest form is calories in vs calories out. If you are eating more than you are exercising, you'll most likely put on weight/unwanted weight. If you exercise more than you consume you have the best chance at dropping those unwanted kgs and hitting goals.
- Food planning: Stick to your food plans and stick to it again. As it gets colder it's easy to want "comfort food" or foods that make you feel warm, stick to a balanced meal plan. More greens the better!
- Take ownership: If you want it, go get it. Remember we are here to help you and guide you, however to give yourself the best chance to get ready for the summer, take ownership of the goal and make it yours. How are you going to challenge yourself and take it on? What will change to get you started? Now is the time to start better than any!
- Let's take a breath: In the end of the day, don't get caught up thinking you need to start delivering miracle performances to get ready for summer or to get a result. Whether your goal is major or small, every step counts towards the desired outcome. Take every little win and every big win, understand setbacks and take them on. Stick to the process to get the result, and let results come for you.
At the end of the day, none of this is complicated, its simple things done really well.
Hope this helps guys, See you in the studio!
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.