Is your Sleeping hindering your progress?
Studies have shown that people who are sleep deprived can consume up to 20% more calories in the day. Believe it or not sleep is one of the most important factors in weight loss. But many of our clients have highly demanding jobs meaning long work hours and little time for sleep.
Here are a few ways to get the best sleep possible.
- Have a 45-60mins before bed routine so your body starts getting used to fact you are going to bed.
- Avoid blue lights in this time as these stimulate the brain.
- Try and avoid technology as much as possible. Turn off the TV and as much as we like to avoid looking at your phone.
- Try reading, writing in a journal or even some meditation to start relaxing the body and switching your mind off.
- Sometimes even exercising can cause sleep to be hard to come by as you have adrenaline pumping around your body not letting you calm down. So, if you can exercise earlier in the day and if you have had a long day at work and finish late prioritise that sleep and your body will thank you for it in the morning.
*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.