Winter is well and truly upon us. The days are shorter, the temperature is colder, the bed seems warmer than outside and the flu season seems to have struck everyone we know. In our beautiful Australian climate we are sunloving, outdoor living active people yet each year from June-August so many of us seek shelter in our homes under blankets, doonahs with the help of a warm cup of chocolate or hot dinner.
This period of hibernation can be a danger to our health, hindering or even halting our exercise programs, weakening our mental state and ability to continue on the path of living a healthy life. Come summer time, there is a task at hand to remove the "winter coat" we accumulated during the cold months. During this hard period of eating and exercise we regret all those mornings where we hit snooze on the alarm clock to sleep that extra half hour instead of going to PT & group exercise, we regret having all those hot roast meals with all the trimmings instead of our healthier options, we regret being rugged up indoors spreading our germs to the family who infect eachother with the cold instead of getting some fresh air to clear the system out.
YOU can make this change TODAY!
- Choose to set the alarm for tomorrow morning's exercise NOW
- Decide to prepare a week of healthy choices instead of comfort hot foods
- Take action on increasing your vitamin and mineral intake to boost your immune system and ward off the cold
- Move your body. Get some fresh air instead of sitting at home wallowing in the flu ridden house
- Decide you will not waster another spring getting rid of the excess of winter. Maintain your routine today!
- Set a goal to achieve by the end of winter. You will need to train throughout winter to achieve it
- Embrace the weather! Appreciate the chills and change of temp, Australia is blessed with one of the best climates in the world, we are so lucky that our cold days are still warm enough to comfortably be outside.
- Don't give in to what your mind tells you! Your mind is like a muscle, the more you exercise it, the stronger it will get!
- Enjoy the Process! Love the feeling of getting healthier, happier, fitter, stronger and overcoming what you thought were massive blocks in the road.
Through these cold, dreary months it's easy to become depressed and down, as all the people around you are in a worse state of health and mind. By maintaining an exercise and eating standard through winter you will not only ward off flu & feel great, but your attitude towards winter and the conditions around you will drastically improve. So seize the day, fight back against winter and bring the best version of you out today!*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.