There is nothing new in using a diary to plan your day, week, year however do you take the time to plan your training and make sure it's in your diary.
"I don't have enough time" is an excuse I hear all of the time from clients who are busy with work, children, family and other commitments however for those who put exercise into their diary it becomes easier to find the time
- Plan your year - when are your busy times at work? Holidays need to be structured around work schedules, school holidays and other peoples leave so make sure you get these things in your diary early.
- What big goals have you set yourself? Make sure you have your special events booked in whether it's birthday celebrations, activities, weekend escapes or family get togethers make sure those are highlighted early.
- Look at each month a week before it starts and make sure all of the social events are in there and you haven't overloaded yourself.
- Colour code your training so PT is red, group classes Blue, yoga or pilates Green and your own cardio your favourite colour. This is your METIME and should be enjoyable, relaxing and stress free
- Now you have time to fit in the smaller things weekly - not any less important but possibly a little more flexible in their duration and frequency.
- Daily activities then just become habit. Those things we do easily and naturally are the ones we make habits of and we don't have to think too much about.
- Whatever diary you use double check with the calendars from home, work and friends and share what you can.
- Planning is not only the key to achieving your goals it actually takes the stress away from a busy life. Once its booked in all you have to do is………. Do it.