Top 10 Tips for Resistance Training
Your trainer has so much knowledge when it comes to getting the most from each session. These are the rules they train by. Discuss them next time you're in the studio.
- Strive for more - Don't come in & do the same weights you did last week, aim to do more reps of the same weight or a higher weight. Strive for progress not perfection- any progress is good progress.
- Do more pulling exercises than pushing- E.g. If you do 3 sets of a pushing exercise do 3+ more sets of a pulling exercise. Helps with maintaining good posture.
- Use the right form- Doing the heaviest weight is of no benefit if you're not using the intended muscles, drop the weight and practise good form.
- Squeeze it like it owes you money - Make sure your using the intended muscle of the exercise.
- Compounds over isolation - More muscles, means more energy used and quicker workouts.
- It's ok to have a break - Once every 6-8 weeks it's ok to have a lighter week with easier weights, this gives the body a chance to recover from all the progress you've made.
- Have a proud chest - chest up, shoulders back.
- Breathing - Breathe out during the hard part and breathe in during the easy part.
- Do more of what you love- mix it up you may be surprised to like an exercise you once thought you wouldn't.
The programs at Vision reflect these tips and help you get those fantastic results. Everything we do is recorded for you to see progress. It's always amazing to review where you started and reflect on how far you have come with your trainer.*Disclaimer: Individual results vary based on agreed goals. Click here for details.