Q:How did you feel before joining Vision?
A:Before joining Vision I thought that I was rather fit and that I was rather active. I lived a good life where nobody really judged me on my size but for my personality, this is what had me believe that I was fine the way I was. Since finishing high school physical exercise wasn't really a priority for me, until one day I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and stomach ulcers.
Q:What was the trigger for you to join?
A:The trigger for me joining Vision was getting engaged to my beautiful wife and doctors orders to loose some weight. My father said to me one day that it would be a good idea to perhaps join a gym and get some advice on how to loose a few kilos (and that he was prepared to pay for it). So I started looking around for a gym, I stumbled across a Cudo deal at the time to get one month free access to a Vision gym. I called and spoke to James who setup a time for us to talk and get me in to the gym, it was from there that I realized that the gym could offer me more than just a place to exercise.
Q:What results have you had?
A:For me results have come in many forms;
- I lost enough weight to cure my sleep apnea and stomach ulcers.
- At my heaviest with Vision I weighed in at around 106.1kg in less than 18 months I had reduced my weight down to 69.2kg (that's actually a loss of 36.9kg)
- I won the first WLC I entered losing over 15kg in 9 weeks (Sept 2012) which really got my results moving in the right direction.
- I have now completed the majority of major running and ocean swimming events in NSW more than once, including my first marathon in September 2013.
- Most recently I have been on a muscle gain program for close to 6 months now and have gained close to 8kg in muscle alone (this is one that i enjoyed greatly with the crew at Vision Bondi)
Q:How do you feel now since your results?
A:I feel the healthiest I have been my whole life, I feel that I now have an extremely good understanding of the importance of nutrition and the role that it plays in my day to day life. Continually I strive to set new goals to achieve on a weekly basis and also longer term goals that I keep in the back of my mind. I feel that achieving the little goals helps keep my mind in a positive state and allows me look further than just the end of the week. I feel a sense of accomplishment and I get excited when I reach/complete my goals (these can be either food or exercise related).
Q:What would you say to anyone that needs to lose weight?
A:What I would say to someone that is prepared to listen is that, it takes more than just some fad diet to change your life... it takes determination, education and motivation to change the way that you do things which intern will change your life. If you want it bad enough, you will succeed! If your serious about getting fit and healthy, don't cheat yourself...Get help from the people that know how to guide you through the process. It's not easy! If it was everybody would be fit and healthy! You can't put a price on life! and the healthier you are the better chance you have of living a longer more fulfilled life.